Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Friday Night.

Friday night was girls' night, but not before I spent some time with Curly. Friday afternoon, he texts me and asks if I want Thai for lunch. My text in reply reads, "My lunch starts at 12:24 and ends at 1. I am in room 411. You have to stop at the office and get a visitor's pass. They won't hassle you. Pad woo sen, please, and chop sticks."

I find the gesture sweet. I decide to return the favor. Though I really am not feeling great, I ask if he wants to come over for dinner. I know he has to work that night; so, we would only spend a few hours together and I could relax for the evening. Shortly after we make plans, a friend in need calls. I invite her over as well. Dinner is fun. However, I am just not comfortable with Curly. I don't even look him in the face all that much.

He seems a nice enough fellow. I think the fact that he is divorced, has two kids and appears to have much baggage is a big turn off for me. I can't remember how old he is, maybe 32. He manages a bar downtown. I am hoping for a little more in a man. I think he has an adorable quality though, a little Jerry Bear. He does have something with his body that totally creeps me out. He has skinny legs on a seemingly rounder top. It is like two skewer sticks poking from an orange with a grape on top of that.

As I said, dinner is fun. Chica and I get ready to go out and meet up with some of her friends. We stop at a couple of bars and have so much fun. We stop at the bar where Curly works just to say hi. We stay maybe five minutes. When we arrive at Joe's, I order a water and lo and behold Curly sits down next to me. That irritates me beyond words. I only stopped by to say hi; so, don't read too much into that. Plus, I am totally out with the girls. Don't be that guy. Of course I don't say anything. He is pestering me about going camping with him on Sunday overnight-annoying me even more. I have to work the next day. I really don't like to call off, or at least I want to save my days off until I really want to use them. Thank goodness he has to get back to work.

Later he sends me text messages and signs one, "Luv."

I think to myself, "Yikes! Something has to be done." What can I say, my charm is irresistible.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, was he bringing lunch from Esoji?
    DyslexicByName

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Esoji is not Thai; it is Japanese.

    I.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Esoji was Thai, was just testing waters to see if I had found success. Apparently not. Wondering how either of us will know if I am able to be a good detective, clues are all over, it's just putting in the right pieces that is tough.
    DyslexicByName

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, it seems I may have been successful after all. (Nice socks, BTW). Now, the million dollar question... will you know who I am on those sites? (-;
    The game continues...
    DyslexicByName

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was too easy for you. how am i ever pick you out of the dozens of the eager? will you give me clues to follow or provide for me a red herring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. on a positive, i am proud. i never mentioned esoji once in this blog. that just happens to be my favorite Japanese restaurant in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have left a few clues, although to be fair they may not make much sense until you figure out who I am... the name I sign with being one. I'll have to maybe go update my profile, but I'll give you this one now. My NAME on the site is deceptive, but I clear it up a bit with my dating headline. (that is either a horrible clue, or WAY to much info, not really sure which).
    You did make it a bit easy, but I was pretty sure I had it figured out before that, just wasn't 100%. Feel free to ask clarifying questions, I will not lead you astray (unless I can do so in a fun way) (-; <-- another clue?
    DyslexicByName

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, here's one I just thought of, I too had a milestone birthday recently somewhat similar to the one you just celebrated.
    BTW, happy belated birthday.
    DyslexicByName

    ReplyDelete