Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Artistic Bartending Chef

It is 11:30 on Thursday night and I cannot go to sleep until I tell you about my evening. The story of the Artistic Bartending Chef (ABC) actually begins last night. I had to run some errands and when I was finished I decided to reward myself with a decent martini. It is difficult to find one in this town, but I thought I would give Joe's a try-at the very least I could listen to decent music while I sipped sucky cocktails. As it turns out, the bartender actually made a very tasty dirty martini.

Complementing him on his concoction, I notice is cute by my standards and I figure I would engage him in some flirty conversation. The bar is a little slow so he has some time to talk to me. We talk about music, art, food and sports. I learn that he loves golf and golfs every Thursday at Antelope Hills golf course. As fate would have it, so do I. I invite him to join me there tomorrow giving him my number. I am so glad to get out of there because even though this guy is interesting and there is some mellow live music happening, and the nine fingered homeless man sitting next to me is not taking my obvious social cues to leave me alone.

I am on my way to meet my threesome for golf, almost forgetting about ABC. Minutes from the course, he calls me and meets us out for a round. I was surprised and happy. He is a decent golfer, much better than I am; however, he is sweet and offers friendly constructive criticism. I played the worse round ever. After a beer at the clubhouse and some laughs with my friends, it is time to head out. I am hungry and so is he. I have to go home to let my dog out and I ask him if he wants to have dinner at my house. I figure I would schmooze him with my culinary ability. I never got the chance.

When we got to my house, he took over and made me an amazing pasta primavera. We ate bread and cheese and drank some good wine. We talked and cooked together. We watched a movie and I fell asleep on the floor. I think we are going to meet for golf again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment