Saturday, September 12, 2009

Boston is a tool

This weekend Boston and I were supposed to hang out and go to the Cardinals game. He completely blew me off. I get that this guy was such a crush for me but I am not going to spend my time chasing after unavailable men. I sent him the following email:

i am going to assume from your lack of response to my text message that we are not going to hang out this weekend.

this makes me sad. i can think of a myriad of reasons that you have for not wanting to hang out:

you just have something better to do
the thought of hanging out with me frightens or sickens you
you are just a bachelor living the bachelor life
you have prior commitments that you forgot about
you or someone you care about is ill
you are seeing someone
you are just too lazy and scared to put in any effort


whatever the reason, there is no reason for not letting me know. it would have been nice to at least get the message that you weren't coming up this weekend. however, i got the message now.

take care of yourself.
[I.D.]

And that was that. He never responded. I didn't expect him to. I have to admit, I was a little harsh. He deserved it though. No one is going to blow me off and get away with it scott free. Buddhist teachings tell us to have compassion for others. We never know what others go through, but also the Dalai Lama has told us that we need to not concern ourselves with fools lest we become foolish ourselves. I am no fool. There are other fish in the sea. I'll keep throwing back the bottom feeders until I find a trophy.



No comments:

Post a Comment