Saturday, September 5, 2009

Boston stays home, but have no fear Baby Talk is here.

Friday evening Boston called and said he couldn't make it this weekend, but he did want to see me next weekend and take me to the Cardinal's game. I am a little sad; I really like this guy, but I will try and stay cool.

In the absence of a date this weekend, I called a new guy that I met via the dating service. He drove down from Phoenix for the evening. He arrived with a rose in one hand and a bottle of V8 Fusion (my favorite beverage) in the other hand. He took the time to really read my dating profile to find that information. I thought that was pretty smooth and deserving of a hug.

He's tall and not totally unfortunate looking, but his eyes are definitely a little too close together. It is almost like someone tied a wire to bridge of his nose and pulled it through his brain. However, that really wasn't the deal breaker for me. What made me question the staying power of our dating ritual was the way he spoke to my dog and cats. He spoke in baby speak, saying things like "poopie butt" and "stinky pants". I found this behavior crazy and quite annoying. Mind you he is at least two inches over six feet and is wearing an unbecoming pair of biker boots. He also had meaty nipples that I could see as little raised mounds under his shirt. Not the best look I must admit.

His odd behavior continued at the Japanese restaurant we went to for dinner. He tried too hard to be funny almost to the point of embarrassment for me. And, if you know me, you know I don't really get embarrassed that easily. I am usually the one doing the embarrassing.

Baby Talk was sweet though when he wasn't being weird. He has a stable and well paying job. He was a gentleman and very thoughtful. This one will get another chance, but I don't think it is going to go anywhere.

I have to wonder if my ability to find annoying things in all of these men isn't them but rather me. I wonder if it is too soon since my boyfriend and I broke up. It has been six months, but I am still in a lot of pain. Though the dating is a nice distraction and gives me something to look forward to, I wonder if I will make a real connection with someone ever again. I wonder if I will open myself up to love ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment