Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Funny Man from New York

Tonight, while putting off my gym time by drinking a glass of wine and listening to blue grass, I received a text message. It read, "Hey there. What cho up 2?"

Thinking to myself what the hell, I replied, "Who is this?"

The response came like lightening. "It's (name withheld) from New York." After a few messages back and forth, we were on the phone with each other and I got to hear him for the first time. I have to say, his voice is like butter. I am sucker for a deep voice and a Long Island accent. Add to that he is comedian and loaded with witty quips, and I am smitten already.

We spoke for almost an hour about movies, high school, college, his house in Arizona, his house in New York, his television show, his installation company, my teaching career, and a myriad of other topics. I am totally interested in this guy. The conversation flow was perfect. Thinking back on the velvety smoothness of his voice with its subtle Long Island intonation makes me want to snuggle up in bed with "the machine". It has been a long time since I busted out that girl. However, let's not get too far ahead of myself.

Perhaps it is the wine I chose to drink instead of heading to the gym. Maybe the fact that today felt like a new day for me is why I feel so good about this new man. Whatever it is, I surely look forward to his visit to Arizona at the end of this month. I hope to hear from him again soon. Maybe he will leave me a sexy phone message in that bedroom voice. Maybe tonight I will have a tasty dream about him giving me a standup show for one. Can you tell it has been a while since I got a little? I need a cold shower and some deep breathing.

Until...
I.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment