Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dating Services Are Demanding

I belong to three online dating services now. I am not quite sure if this is pathetic or ambitious. Whatever it is, it is more work than fun at times. Everyday I get some email or nudge or interested party. I need an extra hour in the day just to keep up with all the communication and silly question answering. I really am not sure I even want to get into the quality of men that are on these sites; however, I am the indiscriminate dater so I will.

It seems that I mostly attract either hicks, old men (my girl Wildfire would appreciate them), or these young boys-mid twenties young not 19 year old young. There was a time in my life not that long ago that a romp with a 19 year old seemed fun and I even ventured into that arena, but truth be told they are just too eager. I want a lover with a slow hand as the song goes. I digress. These "men" that are attracted to me makes me question myself a bit. The pictures I have up are cute ones of me. I describe myself warmly and accurately. I am pretty specific about the criteria I have for the man I am looking for-early to late thirties, makes $50 T or more a year, preferably no kids, cares about his body and how he presents himself. Even with this I seem to get these welfare case Gomers working at the Chicken Spit that are divorced with live in kids and have apparently eaten their first wife. What gives? Karma have I not been good enough? Do I need to return to my Catholic roots and do some penance for some long lost sin I committed and forgot to confess to Father Higgins?

The irony is that as my name suggests, I should be willing to go out with anyone. To be honest, that is not entirely true. I have to be somewhat choosy. I fear I would tire myself out if I wasn't. There is only so much of I.D. to go around and I am not that much of a masochist to subject myself to the likes of the endless belly button depth wife-beater wearing.

Now, don't you shed a tear for tough, little old me. I have found some rays of hope at the end of this long tunnel. True, it may just be a train barreling down on me, but I am a glass half full kind of gal. I am going on a date tomorrow evening with a young feller I met on such a seemingly hopeless site for the apparent rejects of the dating world. Mind you, I do remember that I am one of the lonely rejected. He seems sweet. I don't know all that much about him other than he is into martial arts, riding motorcycles and cats. I am not sure how that reads. I do think there needs to be something said for a man that chooses cats over dogs.

We are going to a place I have never been before. He tells me the "country fried tuna" is to die for. I am afraid I might die after I eat it, but you only live once, right. I am a little fearful, but I do find it endearing that this man wants to take me to a hole in the wall on our first date. I am thinking either thinks outside the box or hillbilly. Only time will tell. If I am not suffering from severe intestinal trauma, I will be sure to tell you all about the date tomorrow.

Packing Tums,
I.D.


1 comment:

  1. No, Wildfire would find an old man on a dating site to be quite pathetic. ;)

    ReplyDelete