Sunday, December 13, 2009

another date with nature boy

I met up with nature boy at his place last week. he made me deep dish pizza and invited my doggie over too. i had a smashing time. i realized even more that his past parallels that of Ex. I began to wonder if it meant anything. i wondered if i was somehow being given a second chance at romance. here was a boy that resembles in so many ways a man that i loved so much. i am meeting this person at a time in my life where i am very different from the me i was when i met Ex. I wondered if this new friend is to remain a friend as i only saw him in the beginning or is he to turn into something more. i felt a physical attraction for him that wasn't there before. the entire sensation was interesting. my eyes welled while i was hanging out with him. it is all too surreal. he walked me outside and told me how much he enjoyed spending time with me. he leaned in heading toward a kiss. i stepped back, the fresh snow crunching under my shifting weight. i lowered my head and my eyes and began to fumble for the words to explain the predicament i am in. "i enjoy spending time with you, but...but...you see i am still a little gun shy and...and...i really like spending time with you. i really like your company. we have a lot in common, but...but...i don't want to go into this with any expectations."

"i think that is a great way of looking at things. i can respect that," he said sweetly.

"i hope this doesn't mean that you are not going to call me now, because i have such fun with you and our dogs get along great," i said embarrassingly.

"not at all," said he.

i left his house with a smile on my face. i have to admit, the whole evening made me wonder if i only just want to be friends with him. i am curious to see how he responds to my sort of rejection of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment