Friday, January 1, 2010

new year, new me.


yesterday, killer eye asked me if i was bringing nature boy as my date to new year's eve at the joe's. i told her i was flying solo. thinking this might be a bad thing she asked me why. i said, "this is the year of the [i.d.], and that is how it should begin, with me in mind."

"great answer," she said.

and i must admit, going out last night with no date and no expectations was the best. i met some amazing people, some i knew already and some just new. it made for a wonderful evening. i laughed, i looked "banging hot", and i rang in the new year in the most exceptional way with the most exceptional person, me.

we make our own happiness. it isn't the friends by our sides, it isn't the money in our accounts, and it isn't the lovers in our beds. it is how we accept all that is around us and in us. i have never been so sure that i am where i am supposed to be. i have learned and grown so much in 2009. i have loved and lost, and it is true that was better than never having love in my life at all. i am better and stronger and smarter. i am more self reliant. i don't know what twenty ten will bring for me. i have no idea the ups and downs i will face-there will be both. i do know that i will do it all "with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child."

for auld lang syne,
i.d.

No comments:

Post a Comment