Saturday, January 23, 2010

a string of events and running into Ex

I have spent friday and saturday mostly in bed bingeing and watching movies. i felt bad about what i was doing to my body, but i so enjoyed the sugar and fat. I knew i was going out saturday to meet up with some friends. i felt bloated and disgusting and i thought how ironic if tonight is the night i run into Ex. Irony is a bitch.

I went to Annie's, where Killer Eye was working. I wasn't there before long I spotted The Other Woman, the one Ex left me for. I was kind of taken aback. I did a double take and from across the bar I half mouthed, "Hey. How are you doing?"

She looked like a deer in headlights as she responded, "Good. and you."

"I'm fine." What the fraggle rock was happening. I was on auto pilot and how funny that auto pilot was a nice place not some I-want-to-rip-your-arm-off-and-beat-you-with-it-girly response. After the shock of the moment wore off and I could see she was no longer at the bar, I began telling KIller Eye that my Ex's new woman was there and assuredly so was he.

As the words left my lips, up strolls the little fellow. He taps me on the opposite shoulder, and I look as if I don't know where he is standing. "Hey, how are you?" Knee jerk reaction is to hug him. It is genuine and not awkward.

He asks me about how I have been. How my cats and dog are. If I still live in the same house. I tell him that I am going to take my taxes to him. He says I should, "I already know everything anyway about you." He tells me he had five tax cutomers that day. I express my pleasure for him. The conversation falls silent and I look across the bar while sipping on my soda water. "Well." he says, "It was nice seeing you."

"You too. Take care." We hug again and he disappears into the crowd swaying to the music.

I didn't feel bad or weird or sad. I felt and feel really nothing. That is pretty rad.

Before long Crazy Curly rubs my side. He is drunk and that annoys me. He tells me he has booked the band that we are listening to for the 5th of February and that I should come. "Hmm," I say through straw sips.

And older gentleman hits on me and tries to convince me that he is well off and can do and does whatever adventures he wants.

A bartender I played a round of golf with came up to me and hung out for several minutes, reminiscing about our golf game and the dinner we had after.

I felt tired and wanted to come home early. Back from the bar now and in bed. It was a nice night for me. I feel satisfied with everything.

Sunday morning I am lying in bed and Killer Eye calls me to tell me that the Other Woman was not so endearing to the bartenders. Apparently the bar was slammed and there were people there ten deep. His Woman did not like waiting. Killer told he she would need to wait or leave. She didn't like that too much. She never tipped them and wrote on her bill "Service was terrible". Ex was embarrassed and dropped a $10 and told the bartenders he was sorry.

It is wrong to feel glee that I was classy and she was less than? Yes, yes it is. I will try to be humble. Perhaps I made her uncomfortable. Perhaps she feels guilt and handles the stress with anger and alcohol. Perhaps it has nothing to do with me at all. Maybe she is just a wack-a-doo and I must show compassion for the poor creature. I will, giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment